About the Academy
Join us at Boston College in August for an engaging three-day professional development conference for beginning K-12 teachers. This year the conference is running concurrent to Mentoring 101, a professional development seminar for experience educators. The New Teacher Academy is an opportunity for you to:
- Gather practical tools and strategies to use throughout the academic year,
- Learn Teaching strategies and management techniques for specific levels and grades,
- Develop enthusiasm for the beginning of school,
- Connect with colleagues and experienced classroom teachers,
- Complete training to meet the 2010 Massachusetts Anti-Bullying Law, and
- Earn a certificate of participation documenting 15-hours of professional development by an accredited teacher preparation institution.